Top 10 Ways to Feel Better, Work Better and Live Better
ďThe journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.Ē
Has your inner voice been telling you that itís time to make positive, healthy changes in your life?
Finding work/life balance is not an easy task but there are small changes you can make to your daily routine to help you feel better mentally and physically to give you a more balanced lifestyle. Small changes can make a big difference.
Here are my top 10 ways to supercharge your health right now:
- Water. Always carry a water bottle with you. In your car, at your desk, when you take a break to walk around. Staying hydrated helps you to stay alert and productive. Fill your water bottles the night before so you can grab and go in the morning. Add some fresh lemon juice or mint for an extra kick.
- Stretch. Take time throughout your day for stretch breaks to get the blood flowing, release muscle tension and increase the oxygen to the brain. Stretching boosts your productivity and feels good!
- Eat Healthy. Come to work prepared with healthy snacks that will provide you with sustained energy. Good choices: nuts, seeds, fruit, veggies, hummus, plain yogurt. Keep it clean and make it colourful! Buy yourself a fun cooler bag that you can prepare the night before so you donít end up going out for fast food or visiting the vending machine in the afternoon. You will save money this way too!
- Exercise daily. Make an appointment with yourself for daily exercise Ė and keep it. Itís a great way to clear your head, get re-focused and release the workday stressors.
- Laugh more! Finding ways to bring more laughter into your day actually releases those feel-good endorphins, gives us a sense of well-being and helps us become more resistance to disease.
- Mindfulness. Bring mindfulness into your daily routine. Our lives have become so busy with constant multi-tasking that itís become increasingly more important to be Ďin the momentí. It helps us to relax, give our brain a break and increase productivity. This takes practice, and meditation apps are a great place to start. You can be guided through some breathing and meditation techniques in a few short minutes.
- Pay attention to your posture. Sit up straight! Good posture can make you appear more confident, can increase your focus, your body will be less fatigued, and good posture helps all the bodily systems work optimally.
- Good Deeds. There are positive health benefits when someone performs an act of kindness (for the giver and the receiver!). Paying it forward is a way to reduce stress and the physiological symptoms that happen when we are stressed.
- Sleep. Getting enough rest helps you function at a much more productive level during the day. During sleep our bodies are in repair mode. If we miss out on those precious hours it starts to detrimentally affect our physical health, mental health, reaction time, and our ability to process information.
- Involve other people in your healthy lifestyle changes. Itís much more satisfying to partake in healthy activities with other people. And it can help you to remain accountable to those positive changes and turn them into lifelong habits!